Google and OnePlus Ship Smartphones With Latest Android Versions: Report

0
Advertisement

Share and Enjoy !

The report also said that  luxe and premium smartphone users want to be the first ones to experience latest versions of operating software 

Pic Credits – Open Source For You

A total of 32 models of smartphones were launched by various leading smartphone OEMs in 2018. The Techinsight report published by Techarc says that, China-based Vivo, led the number of smartphone launches with seven models having the latest Android OS version at the time of shipping out of the factory.

Vivo was followed by Nokia, which launched four devices. Tecno grabbed the third spot by launching three models in 2018 with the latest Android OS version.

Faisal Kawoosa, founder and chief analyst, techARC said, “Not only for the users, but this is a good sign for the App ecosystem as well. This ecosystem does not have to support literary with each and every version of Android with latest upgrades. These were earlier done in order to enable new features, stabilise the app and minimise vulnerabilities which frequently arise due to various changes in the value chain.”

80 per cent smartphones launched with latest OS version

80 per cent of the smartphones launches with latest OS version, had Android 8.1 (Oreo) pre-loaded, when shipped for sale. The remaining 20 per cent had Android 9.0 (Pie) version. Google and OnePlus were the only two brands to ship all of their smartphone models with the latest versions of Android OS.

Vivo and Nokia made the latest version of Android OS available in all the segments they operate. Techarc’s official statement read, “The good news is that even for the entry level (Sub Rs 5,000), users could get a Smartphone with the latest Android version, which were sold by Nokia and Lava.”

Trend of offering latest OS increasing

Commenting on the increasing trend of offering latest version of OS across various segments of smartphone market Kawoosa added, “This is an important development for the very fact that users are now wanting to have the latest both in terms of hardware and software. With stock Android becoming the preference of users, the OEMs are able to reduce the upgrade turnaround time for OS as it requires minimal integration from their end after Google releases one.”

The report further highlighted that premium and luxe segments in smartphones market might have to align their launches towards the second half of the year, after Google launches its latest Android version. This will help them launch the smartphones with latest OS version.

The move will also omit the requirement of efforts needed and to roll out an upgrade in a gap of few months after the launch. It added that users in these segments want to be the first ones to experience the latest OS.

Share and Enjoy !

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here